social mei Many companies still use traditional methods to engage with customers through TV ads, trade shows, and cold calling. But the fact is companies need to start heavy investment in social media marketing to enhance sales and growth. While B2B social media strategy not works similar to B2C, but can drive some positive result and ensures building brand awareness. Building a B2B social media strategy provides a clear vision on how to proceed with social media strategy. If you post on various social platforms and not measuring the outcomes, you won't be able to analyse your ROI. The proper strategy can help provide outcomes like targeting the right audience, spending money with the effective outcomes, or measuring KPIs. Follow these steps to get started with the social media strategy- Determine KPIs Before building any social media strategy, determining your Key Performance Indicator is important. There should be a clear goal or KPI, which is achievable. Examples-
- Gaining 2k followers on Instagram within two months.
- Increasing engagement (likes, comments, sharing, followers) by 10% on Facebook with 30 days.
- Increasing conversions on Instagram by 15% by this quarter.
Knowing your KPI- you want to achieve can help you to build a perfect social media strategy. Track Your KPIs Before building any strategic plan, determine how your marketing team will analyse your KPIs. There are different tools available to calculate social media metrics.
- Google Analytics- It shows which social media traffic brings more visitors to your site.
- Hubspot Social- It shows the mentions, comments and compares performance on different social platforms.
- Buzzsumo- It shows your most shared link on social media platforms and allows you to find influencers in your field.
Decide Your Social Platform A well-documented B2B social media strategy involves finding the most effective platform. While most of the platforms are best suited for B2C marketing, B2B has very specific platforms to use-
- LinkedIn- The most suitable platform for professionals and companies. It is best suited for B2B marketers use to promote, engage, and generate traffic for websites.
- Twitter- The second most popular platform for B2B marketing, marketing executives look for quality content.
- YouTube- The other most suited platform for B2B marketing.
While there are also Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms available, they can help to achieve your KPIs. Look at Top B2B Companies Strategies Along with keeping an eye on your competitor, look towards their marketing strategy. Is there marketing strategy working great? Do you need to change some things too? Learn from their mistakes. For example, IBM has large social media followers- they create compelling content, videos that raise issues of today. Create Content for Social Media You need to create content to post on your social media platforms. Include-
- Produce different content for different buyer persona groups. Ensure you reach every customer at every stage of buying funnel.
- Use various media like videos, text, images, infographics, etc., to engage with your customers.
- Mention and Highlight your team and partners. This provides an image to your company.
- Experiment with posting at different times and frequencies. Find the best suitable time when your audiences are active, and you can reach the maximum of them.
Conclusion It's time to measure the results, how your strategy performed. Did you achieve your KPI? With a marketing strategy, it's easy to achieve your goals, boost sales, create brand awareness, and ensure the success of your business in the coming years.